I am finally posting pictures of the baby quilt!
Yay! Go me.
Unfortunately, the pictures are not as good as my daughter's would be, so you'll just have to bear with me. I apologize for that... But hey, at least I got up off my butt and did it for myself finally! =-)
The first picture is the whole thing. It's flannel! from "Giggles" by Moda. (I had saved the card with all of the info on it, but now I can't find it!!! Oh well.)
I got a jelly roll and just sewed the strips together.
I had a difficult time with this one, let me tell you.
First of all, I wanted to put yellow strips in there, in a blue-white-green-yellow-kind of pattern, but there were not enough yellow strips to do that!
So I left the yellow out, but decided to do a border strip with the yellow.
Once I got it put together, I got out the flannel fabric that I thought coordinated with it when I was in the store! Only to find out when I got home that it didn't really match!!
So I went to the pitiful fabric store we have here in town, and looked and looked for a flannel that would look good with it (and, YES, I took the quilt top with me! I have learned a thing or two over the years. lol ) and...
Nothing really matched! I did not want to go into the next town to look for fabric, so I settled on a plain white fleece.
I've never sewn with fleece before, but I thought, "It's just for a baby" and got what I thought would be enough fabric. (Mind you, this was after much debating with myself about the downfalls of having a basically white backing for a baby, and wandering from aisle to aisle between the flannels and fleeces... which were on opposite sides of the store!) I got it anyway.
It did not cover the back!
"Holy cow, how many more 'craps' am I gonna have with this quilt?!?!"
So I decided to put a stripped piece on the backing, kind of like Amanda Jean of http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/ does. I've done this technique before, and have always ended up liking it. I like it on this one too. =-) Yay.
So, here's the front:
This quilt measures approximately 37" x 45".
And a close-up:
I'm not sure if you can see it, but I used a variegated mostly-green thread to machine-sew on the binding. It's fleece too, so I didn't double it or turn it under like I usually do on bindings. It went super-fast putting it on like that! =-)
Also, on this picture, you can see that I just straight-line quilted it, staying 1/4 inch from the seams.
And here's the back with the strip of flannel:
And a close-up of the strip, just so you can see how cute this fabric is! =-)
Okay, I think I'm done saying "cute" for the day.
Well, you go have a great Friday, and a restful weekend... Hopefully I'll be quilting! I've sort-of started on my next one. It's for my 19 yo daughter.
And it's different from any quilt I've ever done before!
Wish me luck!! =-)
I'll be applique-ing this one. I'll need all the help I can get!