Sunday, February 22, 2009

Here's to Number One for 2009!

I did it!!! I finished the quilt!!!

I'm sooo happy! :-)
It's the fastest I've ever made one! I made this in under one month. Yay!

I think it looks okay. Of course, I see all the little "oops" along the way - in the piecing, in the quilting, in the binding...



Here's the front:

(See the laundry in the background? A completed quilt and I still kept up with housework and supper and everything else! :-) )



The back:




Not sure if you can tell, but I simply did an up and down quilting on it. Fast and easy. :-)


Folded (sort of close up):



This is probably the widest binding I've ever done. I like it, except for the messed up corners! I couldn't get those right, despite the wonderful tutorial from Amanda Jean. http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/2008/10/binding-tutorial.html

And the label:

Again, from a tutorial by Amanda Jean: http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/2008/10/one-way-to-label-quilt.html


And it's *done*!

I really like the back. Thanks to Amanda Jean for the idea about making the back pretty too, with the big strip of color. :-)
Thank you Amanda Jean for the label idea. I tried using parchment paper, but it didn't work, so I used Wonder Under and ironed it down to write on it (for that personal touch!), and then I ironed it onto the back and stitched it down good. :-)

And Mama will love it! When I get it to her, that is - which will probably be weekend-after-next when we go to Beaufort, SC.

I can't wait to give it to her. She's gonna be so tickled. And surprised! She's totally not expecting it. It's not her birthday or Mother's day or anything. It's just "I Love You Day". :-)

Well, Suzanne, what do you think?
Oh, and do you have any ideas for colors for Z's quilt? She's not helping me out at all with ideas for hers...

-W

3 comments:

  1. Wow thats a huge quilt. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAU-TI-FUL.......i love a quilt that both sides are a work of art!!! Can't wait to see the next one!!

    LindaMay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way-to-Go Baby Sister!! I'm so proud of you and I know Mom will absolutely love it!!!! I can see her now - on that new sofa, wrapped in your beautiful quilt and thinking about what a talented, "marvelous" daughter she has :) YOU!

    ReplyDelete