Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful

A very Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I hope it is filled with all the people you love,
as much food as you need,
and the good health to enjoy it all.
=-)


Also, I thought I'd finally post pictures of the latest Baby Quilt I made. (I believe I finished this one in October...?)

















It measures 50" x 55".

It's made with a Jelly Roll of "Fresh" by Deb Strain for Moda, with various strips (leftover from the jelly roll) for the binding, and a yard or so from the Fresh line for the backing.
It's just straight-line quilted all around with orange thread. And though I'd like to do some "fancy" free-motion quilting in the sashing around the border, my family has talked me out of it.
(I may still do it one of these days... IF I get bored and adventurous!)
Also, I did the binding totally by machine on this one!


It's so cheery!
I originally made it with the intentions of giving it to my local Quilting Guild (when I join in January) for their Cuddle Quilt project...
But now...
I've spent over $60 on this! I think Boyfriend wouldn't like it too much if I gave it away and couldn't even get a receipt to take it off on taxes!
...so I'll just keep it for awhile...
I'm sure I'll know someone (one of these days) who's having a baby...
And I'll be able to just "whip it out"! (Kitty has hinted that she'd like it for her future baby... We'll see!)
=-)
Be well Friends!
p.s. This quilt makes SIX total finished quilts for *this* year!!! WooHoo!!!
I had a goal, and I actually REACHED IT!!!
Plus I have one quilt *top* (the Values quilt) that I'm pondering on what to do for the back, and I'm working on the Blue WaveRunner, which is coming together nicely, thank you very much! So I *might* have more than six for the year.
I'm so tickled!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! on reaching your goal!!

    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    Enjoy.....LindaMay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy weekend! I was late on Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete