Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mama's Quilt


I went to my Mother's this past weekend, and I finally got to give her the quilt. I was so excited! And, as you might guess, she loves it. :-) Here's a pic of her sitting on her white leather couch (with the black cushions), holding her new quilt:




You can't really even see her, but I'm sure that's how she would prefer the picture to be since it's "spread all over the internet!" :-)

When she showed it to her husband, he said, "I know where you can put this. You want me to tell you where to put it?"
I said, "If you *want* to hang it, I can make a sleeve for it. But I really made it to be used. I could just picture Mama sitting on that white couch with this wrapped around her. But if you *really* want to hang it... " (or something like that.)
I make quilts to be used. I tried to be as polite as possible. He just hushed.
Which is as it should be. (mean grin) I made it for my Mama. If *she* wants to hang it or if *she* wants to use it, it's totally up to *her*. Know what I mean?

I guess next time I go down there, I'll see where it ends up.

Anyway, here's a pic of my Mommy and me (with a silly, proud grin), with her showing off her new quilt:



And she liked the label too, though she didn't say a lot about it. But I did swell up a bit when her neighbors came over and she started bragging about the quilt almost right away. :-)

Okay. So I'm vain. So are most humans. :-)

Anyway, that's officially Quilt #1 for this year.

I'm working on #2. I just have to put the binding on and it'll be done also! :-)

I'll post pictures as soon as it's finished. I promise! :-)

And I already have the fabric for #3!! It's a baby quilt for my daughter's friend. It's flannel and it's gonna be sooo nice. :-) I'm dying to tell her about it, but I really want it to be a total surprise. So I'm practicing restraint. That's supposed to be good for my character... or something...

-W

2 comments:

  1. Sis- you forgot to mention that the moment Mom first saw your gift, she said the name of it BEFORE reading the label. I thought that was absolutely amazing! But I could tell she was really thrilled. You did good, baby sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear your mom was pleased. Take care and enjoy,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete