Monday, February 9, 2009

Soon...

Well, on the way back from Danville yesterday, Boyfriend and I stopped at a fabric store in Greensboro and I bought a little bit of black fabric to finish up the backing, and I bought the batting - 80/20 cotton. Now I need to make the time to lay it all out on the kitchen floor, and soon I'll be quilting! :-) I've decided to quilt in white thread on the front and black on the back. I'm still undecided about the color for the binding: it'll either be white or red...
Being this is the first quilt I've made in a l-o-n-g time that wasn't a kit or from a pattern, I somehow didn't realize I had so many decisions to make. :-)
("Wah" my daughters would tease me. :-) )

While at the fabric store I also bought a bobbin winder. I'm so thrilled and can't wait to use it! It should help simplify things and make part of the process go faster.

I'm all for faster!
Plus, it was on sale!



The weather was fantastic today! It was like a Spring day: it got up to 70 degrees, if you can believe that! Just last Tuesday, it was snowing its butt off, and today it's almost nice enough to be in shorts and flip-flops!
Unbelievable.



We had Tortellini Chicken Soup for supper tonight. Kitty (17yo daughter) requested it. I think soup is for cold weather, but she said Tortellini Soup is for any weather! I figured it's fast, it's easy - what more could I want?! :-) Want the recipe? I forget where I originally got it, but from the first time I made it, it was a major hit with my girls. They've requested it many, many times over the years. I even gave the recipe to my sister, and even her "country-boy husband" likes it. :-)



When I started this blog, I intended it to basically be a quilting blog and nothing more, really...
Man! I should have known better...
Once I start writing, it's difficult to stop.
I'm not really much of a talker, but once I start writing you can't "shut me up"! :-)


Okay.
I'm mostly rambling in this post.
Guess I'll go find something else to do! :-)


-W

No comments:

Post a Comment