Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It Was Absolutely Beautiful!

Today's weather was so gorgeous, I just wanted to skip and shout in the parking lot at school while I was waiting for the bell!
Seems like Spring is already here, though I know Mother Nature is just teasing us mercilessly. :-)
It got above 70 glorious degrees today, the sun was shining, and the birds were singing. The robins were walking/hopping across the road as if we were stupid for being inside vehicles, which we were. :-)
It was absolutely beautiful!
Days like today remind me why I usually see the silver lining in the clouds.

Well, I worked a little on my quilt during my lunch break. I finished piecing the backing, and then I laid it out on my living room floor ('cause the kitchen is too small), taped it to the carpet, put the batting over it and laid the quilt top on top of it all. My next step is to pin baste it.





I'm excited about this one.
AND (drum roll please...)

I've decided to give it to my Mom.

Those are her colors, and it'll go really well with her new modern leather couch. Something to keep her feet warm.

Don't worry. I already have an idea for a quilt for my little sister. She won't be left out.

Actually, my ultimate plan for this year is to make a quilt of one size or another for each member of my family - my Dad, older brother, older sister, little sister, and others.

I already gave a quilt to my second brother. About 6 (?) years ago I made a Wedding Ring (NOT to be confused with Double Wedding Ring) to him and his wife. She collects antiques and decorates their house with them, and I made a white and blue twin quilt for them that they hung on the wall.

I'm really not a fan of hanging quilts on the wall - I want the people I give them to to really *use* them. Wrap up in them. Walk on them. Whatever you want! Make them a part of your family. Love them and they will love you back. :-)

So, Suzanne, if you are reading this, SURPRISE!!! Let me know what colors you'd like.
Seriously.
I wouldn't kid about something like this.
Actually, I have one in mind for you and Brownie, but I'm not sure if you'd really like it. So give me some idea of colors, and if you'd like a "traditional" pattern or something else.

Well, supper's ready! I didn't feel like working on it since I just got home from work, so...
Hamburger Helper and green beans.
Lame, I know.
But it's fast and easy. :-)


-W

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Baby Sister! What a wonderful surprise :>) I still think we should consider collaborating on a "painted" quilt one of these days. I love you!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete