Sunday, March 8, 2009

Pause

It's like my quilt has been on pause a lot lately...

My sister "invited" me to be on FaceBook, and then...
Well, if you're on FB, you know what happened next: I got caught in the vortex that is "friends and old acquaintances"! Now I'm checking it allll the time! It's like I can't help myself! I'm practically obsessed!

But I did work on my backing today. All I need to do is press the seams of that last strip and I'll be ready to baste it, and then to quilt it!

But that brings the final dilemma...

How, oh how will I quilt it?!?

You know. This is the part (if you're using a pattern) that says, "Quilt as desired."

?!?!?!

I *want* to do it with a continuing heart, but I'm free-motion quilting by machine here people! I don't have a pattern, a template, or *any*thing!
Kitty said I could make my own template, but...
I honestly don't know if I know how to make a template. Sure, I have the material. But *now* what?!?!

I'll just have to figure something out!

And since it's for my little sister, IT'S GOTTA BE CUTE!!!
She doesn't like stuff unless it's *cute*!

Well, pictures were requested, so here's one Bunny took for me of the cut-out fabric when I was piecing strips together. (This does not include the heart fabric.) (Oh! And ignore those little pieces at the top. They're just extra.)



That's all you'll get out of me just now! :-)

I have to get in the bed! It's almost 11pm and I have to be up at 5am! Yikes!!

Wish me luck!
And inspiration!!

-W

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! You're a Facie! Me too! It's a sickness, a disease. I'm sure there's a dot.com cure out there somewhere...

    ReplyDelete