Saturday, June 4, 2011

I Am So Sorry!

I can hardly believe it's been almost TWO MONTHS since i last posted!  {No wonder i've lost  followers...  Note to self:  Either do it or don't, but don't leave people hanging!}
I've been busy, just like everybody else.  Plus i was trying to spend less time on the 'puter because it's waaay too easy for me to waste time on the Interwebs.  {How 'bout you?}
But i've been to NYC, and i wanted to share it with you!
So without further babbling, here's my tale.  =-)

When my girls started high school, my older sister Suzanne told them that if they graduated with "good enough" grades, then  she'd take them anywhere in the continental United States that they wanted to go.  My oldest graduated in 2008, and she chose New York City.  I tagged along.  =-)  It was a very good trip.  We all had a wonderful time.  My sister has been to NYC at least 6 times, so she organized everything, and she feels pretty comfortable there.

My youngest, Kitty, graduated in 2010, but she wasn't really sure where she wanted to go, and then she felt like it wasn't "the right time" to go anywhere, so we put it off.  Then, this late Winter/early Spring, Kitty told Suzanne that she was ready, and that she also wanted to go to NYC.

Suzanne booked an apartment in Manhattan for us.  It was GREAT!  Much bigger than the apartment we had 3 years ago, and WAY bigger and less expensive than the hotel that my sister booked 4 years ago for our little sister.  =-)  (If you want info about it, just message me or comment & i'll tell you.)

Anyway, here's a pic of Kitty & me on the plane.  {She colored her hair about a month ago to this fiery red and i L-O-V-E it!!!}




Here's "the view" when coming into the front door of "our" apartment.  It's on 9th between 48th and 49th (Manhattan).
Suzanne slept here.


This is as soon as you "round the corner" after coming in the front door.   It's a living room/dining room/kitchen combination.


The bathroom (which is big for NYC, let me tell ya!)
You can't see it, but the sink is to the left in there.  =-)


The bedroom, with a single and a double.
Oh! AND a closet!  And i don't mean a teeny tiny closet, either.  =-)


Standing beside the table, here's the kitchen area.  I've never seen such a tiny little dishwasher!  =-)



After we got settled in, we went for a stroll.  We were just a few blocks from Times Square, so that's where we headed, after getting a bite for lunch at the deli on the corner, 7 Brothers Deli.  Sorry, but we never got a picture of it...

So here are some random shots of Times Square:

The people on the right are waiting in the TKTS line (for shows)




And here is a pic that Kitty took of the Naked Cowboy (who wasn't really naked, thank goodness! I didn't want to see as much of him as i saw, much less even more of him!  He kinda freaked me out, for some reason.  creee-py)



A subway stop



Me and "The Fiery Redhead" in Times Square  




Suzanne & Kittty, still in Times Square


Kitty at night (but NOT in the dark!) in Times Square


And that was about it for our first (partial) day in NYC.  We walked and  walked and walked.  Oh!  And then we stopped and saw a show.  We went to Phantom of the Opera.  Kitty and Suzanne really enjoyed it.  I liked the costumes and the sets.  =-)

I'll be back (hopefully tomorrow) with more from our trip.  We left on May 26th and returned on the 30th.  It was a GREAT vacation!

=-)




No comments:

Post a Comment