Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I Keep Meaning to Write a Post...

I keep wanting to write a post...
I keep thinking about writing a post...
I keep thinking i *should* write a post...

But i just don't have loads to say lately.
I mean that in real life, too.  I've never been a very talkative person.
But i feel lately like i'm a little extra quiet.
Not sure what's going on in there, but, that's my Truth today.

Last week...
Last Tuesday, my sister-in-law had surgery for Breast Cancer.
She has/had Stage 2a breast cancer on her right side.
My Dad left last Monday to help them out - to be there for my brother, his wife, and their 14 y.o. son.  He's gonna stay for a month or two.
He's Awesome.

I've been thinking about her all last week, and a ton this week.
I want to send her e-mails, but i don't want to intrude or bother her.
I want to call, and go see her...  But i hesitate.

I'm not sure if i'd want "visitors" if it was me.

I sent her an email a few weeks ago, telling her that i've been thinking about her, and that i've been sending her Energy and Good Vibes, and dedicating my Yoga practice to her for 2 weeks now.

I have no idea if it helps her, but i think it helps me to feel a little better about the situation.

And with her on my mind so much lately, and everything on tv about Breast Cancer Awareness month, i remembered that i haven't had my mammogram yet this year, so i scheduled that.
It's tomorrow.
I hope i don't cry.
For some reason, i feel a little like crying for my sister-in-law.
I wonder if she had reconstructive surgery, or if she's gonna be a "uni-boob", like Melanie Testa's been talking about lately.

When i first heard from my brother about T (my sister-in-law), i immediately felt "She's gonna be fine.  It will all turn out okay."
And now?  Now i feel like mourning a bit.

I'm sort of in a weird place today.
Maybe it's not the best day for me to post.

But i had a bit of time, so i thought i would. 


<>< <>< <>< <>< ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> 


I've been cooking a bit lately!
I made the best Crock Pot Chicken a few days ago.  Ohmygod, Delicious!!!
Got the recipe from 100 Days of Real Food.
You should *so* try it!  Seriously!
And i also made the Chicken Stock that night, and freezed it the next morning.
SO so delicious!!!  *And* it was easy!  Can't beat that!  =-)
And i used the Chicken Stock yesterday and made her Butternut Squash Soup, and, *oh* *my* *word* it was awesome!!!
I didn't even know if i liked Butternut Squash.  (rolling eyes)
But i guess i do!  =-)

You should at least look around her site.
Too much wheat for me, but tons of other great recipes, menu plans, tips and hints, nice photos, and tons of information!

...maybe i'll go to the Farmers Market tomorrow.

I hope you're having a WONDERFUL DAY!!!
=-)





No comments:

Post a Comment