Monday, December 5, 2011

Fifteenth

Sorry, but this one isn't really a Painting.  Well, it is, but it's not.
In Connie's course, BIG, she asked us to do a Blind Contour drawing, and then to paint it.  She warned us that we'd probably end up with something very "Picasso-like", so i knew it would be funky
and that it's okay.  =-)

A Blind Contour drawing (of yourself) is where you look in the mirror, but NOT at your paper, and you draw "the edges" of what you see.  It's a good exercise.  They do it in "real" Art classes... at Colleges and Universities and everything!  =-)

Anyway.

So i tried it.
I don't really like it, but that doesn't matter.  It's definitely NOT supposed to be a Masterpiece or anything.  =-)

...but i must confess.  I had to cheat.
I just *had* to! [whine when you read that]
When i was doing the eyes, i couldn't stop myself from looking at my paper!

Whew! Confession really is good for the soul.  =-)

See it for yourself:



I painted it with "odd" colors again.  I wasn't going for "realistic" here, once again.  I like painting with bright, vibrant colors.  I decided to go sort of Pastel-ish here, though.
I don't love it, but i don't hate it either.  It just is.
I look at it as an exercise in getting me to paint a face, without allowing my Inner Critic to be able to say anything about it because i had the "Perfect" excuse of, "I wasn't able to look at it while i was doing it! *NO*body could do a "perfect" face without looking!"  [again, with the whining!]

Anyway, again, this was in my Notebook.
Drawn with a regular Ball Point pen.
Painted with Acrylics (watered down).

Thanks for stopping by!
Hope your day is MARVELOUS!!!

=-)




No comments:

Post a Comment