Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sixteenth Painting

I took Connie's on-line painting course, BIG, and i've been posting about it here.
I finished this course a week or so ago, but i've delayed posting 'til now.  The timing simply worked better for me.  But i journaled a bit during the course, so it's like you were there with me!  =-)

Anyway, today's painting was another Contour Painting.
I drew the contour with a regular Ball Point pen, and then painted it with watered-down Acrylics.  I used "close to real" colors this time, instead of my usual brights or "odd" colors.  The only thing is, i forgot to paint in my white hairs (some people call them grey... whatev), and i didn't paint the background...  But, honestly?  I'm done with this one.

Again, i don't love it, but i don't hate it.  So, it just is.
It's practice with faces, is what i think it is.
So there.
I did it, and *that's* the important part.  =-)

Have a look:




Again, Boyfriend said, "You look way better than that."
That's sweet.  Not that he thinks i look better, but that he thinks i could actually *draw* a *realistic-looking* person!  Ha ha ha!  =-)


Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you have a SUPER DAY today!!!


=-)









No comments:

Post a Comment