Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Seventeenth Painting

In Connie's course, BIG, we were encouraged to paint by "going with the flow"... "listening to the Painting"... "painting what we're feeling".

After my scribbling, and shapes, and painting like a 5-year-old, and the serious Memory paintings, i felt like painting "without a plan".

...actually, i had a bit of a plan, but of course, once again, the "plan" in my head was NOT what came out onto the paper.  =-)
My "plan" was to paint the night sky, and then to paint a Big Moon.

...well, i painted that, and then i walked away 'til the next day.
Ha.  
The next day, that Moon suddenly became a Girl!
And then a moon showed up small & in the upper corner.

So i learned that when you're painting "from your feelings", the picture will most likely *not* (almost never, hardly ever) turn out like the one in your head!

Here she is, Gothic Moon Girl  (Sorry. I couldn't figure out how to rotate the pic; just turn your head to the left):



It's hard to tell from a picture, but she's kinda big.  
She's 28" x 34".

I'm not crazy in love, but i think she's alright.  =-)
And that's okay.


I hope you're having a great day today.  

If not, try this for me (just humor me a little):

Right now, 
just where you are,
turn your head up and say "Haa ha ha!" loudly!
You have to do it really loud so the air is forced out of your lungs.

You'll feel silly, but you'll also feel something else.

I'm not gonna tell you what you'll feel.
You'll have to find out for yourself.
=-)

Thanks for stopping by!  See you tomorrow!  =-)




No comments:

Post a Comment