Wednesday, June 6, 2012

June 6th, 2012

I am such a BAD Blogger!!!
Seriously!
Here, let me explain.


A little OVER A MONTH AGO(!), Pat (A View from the Edge) had a contest.
Well, i entered my guesstimate, and...
I WON!  I was totally shocked!


The prize for winning was a gift certificate to Amazon.  Well, let me tell you, i am ALL ABOUT books!  I've bought more books in the past few years than i've bought in my entire life!  Growing up, we didn't buy books.  Too much money for a household of 4 kids with a teacher & a secretary for parents.  We always went to the Library.  Thank goodness for public libraries!!  
But in the past few years, if i want a book, I GET IT!  =-)


When i won Pat's contest, i eagerly went to Amazon and bought a couple of books on Ayurveda.
What. You haven't heard of Ayurveda?!  It's *only* the world's oldest medicine/science/health-lifestyle.


Here are a few links if you're curious:
Deepak Chopra's site 
An excellent book on Ayurveda (including recipes)  
Another good book on Ayurveda  by the leading Ayurvedic doctor, Vasant Lad
Wikipedia's explanation on Ayurveda  
The University of Maryland's site about Ayurveda  




That should give you something to do for awhile.  {evil grin}


Anyway...
Thank you so much, Pat, for the contest, and for the gift certificate!!!
I've REALLY enjoyed my books!




I hope you're having a Wonderful Day!!!
Love and Light -
Wendy











1 comment:

  1. Your welcome! I'm glad you bought something that you'll enjoy!

    ReplyDelete