Tuesday, August 21, 2012

August 21st



So, i *shocked* myself last night!
(Suzanne, if you're reading this, you'd better be sitting down!)  =-)

I sent out an e-mail to FIFTEEN of my female friends (including my daughters), inviting them to come to a Full Moon/Blue Moon Gathering!

I know, right?  Crazy-Bold!
But i've been thinking about holding Rites/Rituals/Ceremonies in my backyard, and the more i thought about that, the more it occurred to me:

"How am i ever gonna start if i don't START!?!"

So i wrote up an email, had Boyfriend read it, and then i sat there reading and re-reading it...
And Boyfriend said, "It's done.  Hit send already."

Boy, does he ever know me.  I would have sat there re-reading until i talked myself out of it, and just deleted it...


So i have people coming over on Friday the 31st!

Not sure what we're gonna do, but i'm gonna work up the nerve to tell them about my ideas about ceremonies/rites/rituals, and how i'm wanting to offer them to people in my backyard.  Who knows what may come of this?

Maybe lots of stuff, and maybe nothing, but that's okay too.  

Or maybe we'll just all wake up with headaches the next day wondering, "What happened last night...?"

Yes, there's gonna be drinking.  But not "forced"!  (I'm thinking i should probably *not* drink so i can keep a level head & be a "good hostess".)

And i even told them that the "Dress Code" is strictly "That Which Makes You Feel Wonderful!"  I'm thinking about borrowing some wings from Kitty and wearing them with a long skirt or something...  Not sure yet.

But, anyway, IT'S A START!!!  =-)
And i'm proud of myself for "breaking out of my shell",
and facing my Fear,
and taking a chance,
and actually making a plan!!!  (That's the big shocker right there.)

Who knows what'll happen next?!

But i'm feeling good about it all.

AND
I almost immediately got a response from my best friend, Joy, who declined.
AND I'M OKAY WITH IT!
Yes, i'm disappointed that she can't make it.
But it didn't send me into a tailspin of worry and sorrow and negative-stuff.
And i've already gotten a couple of yes-es.  Yay!  =-)

So, that's my Big News for the day.  =-)

I hope your day is going Swimmingly!
Try turning your face up to the sky,
closing your eyes,
and LAUGHING OUT LOUD!
With a Big, Fake "HA, HA, HA!" if that's what it takes.

I think you'll be surprised that it will actually perk you up.  =-)

















Love & Light!
-W
(photo by Bunny)







3 comments:

  1. Girlfriend, if I lived nearby I would be SO there! Can't wait to hear all about it! I will be there in spirit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Pat! That really means a lot to me.
    And Girlfriend, if you lived nearby, I would SO invite you! I think I’d be counting on you to get the laughing started. =-)

    I’ll try to remember to post about it once it’s happened. =-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you say there'd be drinking? lol

    ReplyDelete